Who is Elementum?
Elementum makes supply chain simple. How? Through an innovative platform and set of bite-sized apps built using the latest (and greatest) in big data, cloud, and mobile technologies. Elementum needs YOU to help us build the next $100B cloud. Innovators, entrepreneurs, and doers welcome.
Purpose, mastery, and autonomy. That’s what you’ll get here. We're looking for a server side developer to help build our platform—which includes the rock solid Java platform—using a Jersey framework, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, etc.
You'll help define features, break them down into tasks, and implement them—in the most awesome way possible. Sound like the gig for you? Come join our elite team of engineers and have the autonomy to architect full solutions that scale to fit our user growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Build the first truly end-to-end supply chain graph (in the cloud)
- Become an expert in building mission critical applications that have a HUGE impact on the world's supply chains
- Create smart algorithms that power the analytics we use for data insight
- Scale our core services and make them reliable/high-performing
- Mentor young Padawan developers in analysis, design, coding, and unit test techniques
- Are an amazing developer; technical challenges of all types excite you
- Have experience building high quality web apps for around 2-8 years using Java and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have strong CS fundamentals, including a good working knowledge of classic algorithms and data structures
- Prioritize action and rapid iteration over planning and perfection
- Are thorough in TDD, test coverage, and other best practices
- Are a good person, highly ethical, and accepting of others
And for bonus points:
- Have hands-on experience using NoSQL databases like document, columnar, or graph databases
- Have experience in open source projects, with significant contribution
About our culture:
At Elementum, we pride ourselves in having a great engineering culture. We’re regulars at meetups, dabble in hackathons, and are relentless in our pursuit of truly awesome software development.
First and foremost, you'll work/learn/grow with a team of talented and fun-loving people from a wide variety of technical disciplines.
In addition to the team, we offer all the usual stuff:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous equity to give you true skin in the game
- Flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on the products we build
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Free, daily catered lunches and all SORTS of fully-stocked snacks